The VolFilm team
VolFilm brings together volcanologists, risk communicators, outreach officers and film-makers from around the world:
Production and advisory team
- Sarah K. Brown & Steve Sparks (University of Bristol, UK)
- Anna Hicks (British Geological Survey, UK)
- Jenni Barclay (University of East Anglia, UK)
- Carolyn Driedger, John Pallister & Elizabeth Westby (U.S. Geological Survey, U.S.A)
- Jean-Christophe Komorowski (Institut Physique du Globe de Paris, France)
- Richie Robertson, Stacey Selman-Edwards & Erouscilla Joseph (The University of the West Indies Seismic Research Centre, Trinidad and Tobago)
- Iain Stewart (University of Plymouth, UK)
- Daniele Andronico, Augusto Neri & Micol Todesco (Istituto Nazionale di Geofisica e Vulcanologia, Italy)
- Patty Mothes (Instituto Geofisico Escuela Politecnica Nacional, Ecuador)
- Katcho Karume & Mony Murongani (Observatoire Volcanologique de Goma, Republique Democratique du Congo)
- Esline Garaebiti (Vanuatu Geohazards Observatory, Vanuatu)
- Gill Jolly & Julian Thomson (GNS Science, New Zealand)
- Gokhan Atici & Bilge Karaman (General Directorate of Mineral Research and Exploration, Turkey)
- Evgenia Ilyinskaya (University of Leeds, UK)
- Claire Horwell (IVHHN and University of Durham, UK)
- Aspect Film and Video, Bristol, UK
- Lambda Films, Norwich, UK
- Calé Producciones, Nicaragua
- Borneo Productions International and Indonesia Nature Film Society
Special thanks to:
- Mathieu Rousseau and Bertrand Krafft, Katia and Maurice Krafft Collection, Image’Est, Nancy, France
- All the interviewees who gave their time to share their experiences for the experiential films.
- STREVA for sharing the film “Nevado del Ruiz: Remembering 1985”.
- Julia Eychenne, Irving Munguia Gonzalez, Alison Rust, Gilles Seropian, Claudio Contreras and Aditya Andreas for their translation skills.
- All film-makers and footage owners for generously providing imagery for VolFilm freely or at discounted rates.